General Manager – Onshore Wind
The Onshore Wind Development General Manager is responsible for the growth and delivery of onshore wind development. The role is accountable for ensuring that onshore wind development activities will be completed safely, and in line with approved objectives, budgets and timeframes. The role provides oversight and support to in-country project teams on matters relating to technology and development, in addition to strategic planning, resourcing and engagement with key industry stakeholders.
- Lead onshore wind farm site identification and development activities, ensuring all project development constraints are appropriately identified, mapped and addressed by local (ie. In country) project teams.
- Prepare project investment cases with country teams to be presented with well thought out opportunities and associated risks to the investment committee for consideration.
- Lead the establishment of relationships with key industry stakeholders (ie. government at national, regional and local level, utilities, equipment vendors, contractors, consultants and advisors etc.).
- Coordinate wind engineering, technical services, investment, development and planning teams in order to ensure optimization of projects from a techno-economic and social perspective.
- Identify onshore wind acquisition opportunities and lead negotiations with support from the investment, technical and legal teams, including in gathering necessary information to assess attractiveness and risk, and coordination of technical due diligence activities.
- Undertake site visits and local stakeholder meetings to determine project characteristics, scope and carry-out technical investigations and assessments to confirm feasibility, development strategy and estimation of construction and operational costs.
- 10 years'+ experience as a general manger or director in onshore or offshore wind project development
- Strong engineering or related background with a commercial interest in developing and implementing corporate strategy.
- Excellent skills in organizing, processing and analyzing data in order to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Knowledge on real estate, civil engineering design necessary for land use planning. Excellent business management skills and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Must have Business level Japanese and English skills
- (Knowledge on legal, financial, accounting, taxation necessary for project management welcomed)