Grid Connection Manager
An opportunity join a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects as a Grid Connection Manager.
The Grid Connection Manager will ensure that grid connections required by the company's projects are delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner, in accordance with the technical specs of the DNO/DSOs and the Applicable Law, plus to ensure that grid code compliance is appropriately managed and maintained throughout the development process and the lifetime of a plant.
This position would be based in London with a range of flexible working arrangements on offer.
- To provide technical assistance during project development and ensure the factors influencing and influenced by the grid connection are considered.
- To carry out technical due diligence and risk assessment on grid connection schemes/grid offers received from TSO/DNO
- Manage Technical Advisors and Consultants to support Grid and Delivery related activities across the UK
- To provide the cost estimates and grid connection delivery timescales to business development teams
- To manage and be responsible for the process of grid applications ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner and progress through the DNO/TSO and National processes without delay.
- To negotiate and develop grid connections design that reduce installation time and cost whilst maintaining or improving plant.
- Support the operation and maintenance of the plants by providing grid expertise to the Asset Manager & O&M team managers throughout the life of the plant.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the TSO/DNO design and delivery teams ensuring the company's projects progressing smoothly through the project life cycle.
- Strong technical knowledge of HV and MV connection work in the UK
- Strong knowledge of the requirement for grid code compliance, TSO/DNO connection procedure and administrative authorisations required for connection of renewable plants in the UK market
- Preferably a degree level qualification associated with electrical power systems and/or electrical engineering
- Candidates with experience of working directly for DNOs and/or power system consultancies will be preferred
- Commercially astute
- Previous experience in the design and construction of PV solar plant