Head of Asset Management – Solar and Energy Storage
A Head of Asset Management with experience in renewable energy technologies is required to join a leading international business in their UK team to manage a portfolio of solar and energy storage assets. This remote based role will play a key part in their ongoing growth in the UK.
- Develop and manage an asset management system aligned and compliant with ISO 55001
- Establish and develop a dedicated industry leading network operations centre
- Focus on the monitoring and control of Hybrid Solar assets
- Manage the respective Asset Management Database and internal systems ensuring the optimisation of asset performance and the prolongation of asset lives, together with developing and providing appropriate reports to the Senior Management Team
- Provide insight into the operations and maintenance plans to ensure they are complaint with manufacturers recommendations and to ensure the life of the asset if prolonged
- Ensure that performance of assets meets or exceeds contractual requirements
- Develop departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensure these are followed
- Providing legal insight into contractual matters, including O&M Contracts, SLAs and Warranties
- Management of warranty and insurance claims
- Liaising with external key stakeholders, including Clients, Contractors, Suppliers, Offtakers, DNOs and Partners.
- Liaising with internal key stakeholders to provide insight into the entire lifecycle of projects
- Supporting the commissioning and onboarding on assets, including the lessons learned process
- Supervise, lead and oversee a team of Performance Analysts and Monitoring Co-Ordinators
- Regularly meet with direct reports to review their progress in meeting personal, departmental goals and objectives
- Direct the team and to ensure the company deliver proactive support to external clients
- Proven experience in leading an Asset Management function within the renewables sector.
- Experience of working with SCADA/NOC/Remote Monitoring systems
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development within renewables
- Experience of managing customers and 3rd party asset management companies
- Strong communication skills to provide updates to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
- Excellent leadership skills and proven management experience
- Team player and innovative with sound judgement and solutions driven.
- The ability to foster self-motivation to achieve tight deadlines
- Experience in developing and maintaining an ISO 55001 compliant asset management system.
- Able to design and implement appropriate reports to ensure that all appropriate key performance indicators can be monitored in a meaningful way.