Head of Battery Cell Manufacturing
A Head of Battery Cell Manufacturing is required by a growing organisation in the energy space to be their technical lead and advisor for their work with battery manufacturing partners.
The organisation is currently working with several battery manufacturers providing their advanced 3D battery structures for the partners to manufacture battery cells using the organisation's components.
- Responsible for overseeing the technical activities of subcontractors which assemble batteries to specification
- Collaborating with in-house teams and manufacturers to define a clear SOW for the vendor based on the high-level targets for a given project
- Ensure that the activity with the vendor meets technical, dates, and budget targets.
- Managing relationships with vendors
- Setting strategies for vendor management
- Hands-on experience in building Li-Ion cells (bigger than "coin cells") in an R&D/prototyping environment with further experience in the move to and management of battery mass production
- 5(+) years experience in technical project management
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ability and willingness to travel within Germany and overseas
- Experience in sourcing and managing sub-contractor partners
- Experience in material sourcing and processing