Head of Construction, Greece
Opportunity for an exceptional and highly experienced Head of Construction to join one of Europe's leading PV Solar Developers.
The Head of Construction, Greece will be responsible for managing a portfolio of utility-scale PV projects from land development through to handover, following successful construction and commissioning activities being achieved. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for the success of a team of Project and Sr. Project Managers, delivering their own portfolios.
Successful candidates will have extensive experience in Construction and Project Management, with 10+ years' in the space, complimented by full commercial exposure and responsibility in recent roles.
- Manage a portfolio of utility-scale PV solar projects from development through to handover upon successful construction and commissioning
- Take on responsibility for commercial activities, including managing divisional and project budgets, P&L and contract management
- Support - as required - other projects not directly assigned to the Senior PM, at times in different regions/territories
- Collaborate with HSE to ensure full consideration in relation to construction criteria throughout project
- Ensure design review processes for the basic EPC design is performed and actioned in a timely and accurate manner
- Develop and maintain a range of key stakeholder relationships on a local and wider project basis
- Coordinate all aspects of the project through to commercial operations and ensure smooth handover to Asset Management
- Lead the array of legal related requests and documentation, working with the legal team to issue these as required
- Ensure proper validation of the project design, agreeing in line with technical requirements.
- Prepare weekly and monthly project update reports, presenting as required to senior management and additional stakeholders
- Manage project budget and cash flow in accordance with pre and ongoing projections
- Mentor and support more junior PMs to facilitate their personal development
- Min. Degree education, ideally in related discipline
- Min. 10 years' power plant construction experience, including 5+ years' within the renewable energy industry
- Demonstrable exposure to all commercial responsibilities related to utility-scale power plant construction (e.g. project P&L, budgets, and contract management/negotiation)
- Preference for candidates with experience working for EPC, DNO and/or IPP/Asset Owner
- Extensive Project and Construction Management experience in Greece and internationally
- Deep knowledge of the development, construction, interconnection, commissioning processes for utility-scale PV solar plants in country of interest
- Full understanding of HSE requirements for utility-scale PV plant construction
- Demonstrable track record of delivering projects with no accidents/incidents, on-time and within budgetary requirements/estimations
- Previous experience managing a team
- Work experience as an Engineering/Site Manager a plus
- Experience managing large projects of 50MW+ is essential