Head of Construction
Head of Construction
Job ID 7621
Head of Construction opportunity with international offshore developer.
The role will be responsible for developing company project construction strategy for the different projects and early developments where we are involved, understanding the relevant regulation, legal and regional requirements.
The Head of Construction is responsible for defining the construction strategy to be implemented in projects in early stage and to follow up projects in advance stages, finding best practices between projects and capture them at corporate level. Reporting to the Technical Director it is expected to be the group’s lead on projects being co-developed with partners, with projects being developed in house or where investment opportunities are being assessed.
The candidate will coordinate with projects to ensure all sites meet the company’s requirements and to continuously improve those projects and corporate activities to or above industry best practices
- Accountability for analysis and definition of construction methods (access means required, ports specifications, marine coordination, weather downtimes, planning, MWS, seabed management plans etc) and performance indicators (cost, deadline, quality and safety) to be monitored on construction portfolio.
- Definition and estimation of headcounts and levels for project’s construction in projects developments stages and creation and development of construction plannings for the different projects and opportunities in early development stages
- Provide ongoing and continuous technical support and liaise with other areas of technical department and other departments, both at corporate level and at project level, as necessary across the project lifecycle to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Define best practices for the different work packages covering the full wind farm with a portfolio and project view
- In close collaboration with the procurement department, develops and ensures a solid relationship with key suppliers across the construction services supply chain.
- Accountability for definition and development of corporate tools and systems to support construction across the different projects, finding best solutions and reducing overall costs
- Responsible for compliance and regular follow up of budgets and programmes under its area of responsibility and advise and mitigate on potential deviations.
- Excellent technical knowledge of offshore wind construction activities and support services, strong level of enthusiasm, proactiveness, flexibility and be capable of identifying issues and establishing suitable solutions.
- Excellent communication skills including report writing and presentation and the ability to communicate technical issues effectively with clients, contractors and consultants.
- Uncompromising champion and practitioner of Health and Safety. Working closely with the group’s HSE professionals in different jurisdictions and in line with best practice and H&S Law.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Autonomy, pro-activity and capability to anticipate issues, establishing suitable solutions.
- Hands on approach, accountable, organised and able to prioritise.
- Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Significant experience, preferably within wind offshore industry. Experience of marine operations or construction activities.
- It is expected to have between 0-3 functional reports depending on the variable workload and the number of projects being managed at each time. You will be required to use your leadership skills including staff mentoring, development and empowering.
- Fluent in English. Ability to read, write and speak other languages will be a plus.
- Job location will be Madrid (Spain). Flexibility to travel is required up to 50% of the time.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160