Head of Development – Offshore Wind
Opportunity to join a dynamic business developing offshore wind project in the APAC region. This role would be staff role based in Tokyo.
- Lead offshore wind farm site identification and development activities regionally, ensuring all project development constraints are appropriately identified, mapped and addressed by local (ie. incountry) project teams.
- Prepare project investment cases with country teams to be presented with well thought out opportunities and associated risks to the investment committee for consideration.
- Lead the establishment of relationships with key industry stakeholders (ie. government at national, regional and local level, fishing unions, utilities, port authorities, equipment vendors, contractors, consultants and advisors etc.).
- Coordinate wind engineering, technical services, investment, development and planning teams in order to ensure optimization of projects from a techno-economic and social perspective.
- Identify offshore wind acquisition opportunities and lead negotiations with support from the investment, technical and legal teams, including in gathering necessary information to assess attractiveness and risk, and coordination of technical due diligence activities.
- Undertake site visits and local stakeholder meetings to determine project characteristics, scope and carry-out technical investigations and assessments to confirm feasibility, development strategy and estimation of construction and operational costs.
- A professional who has at least 5 years' experience working across projects in the offshore wind space of Japan project
- A professional who is well versed in leading and collaborating within multi - disciplinary teams on major international capital projects
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a strong interest in working for a leading renewable organization in a new and exciting team of the organization - Offshore Wind
- An educational background in Engineering / Business / Project Management
- Minimum 8 - 10 years' experience in Offshore Wind Projects working in a similar role
- Fluent English required. No additional language requirements. Japanese seen as a plus
- Ability to play active roles in new/unknown field
- Highly motivated with a stable background