Head of Government Affairs, Europe
Confidential opportunity for a highly experienced communicator and stakeholder manager to develop and lead the European Government Affairs programme of one of the world's leading Renewable Energy IPPs.
The Head of Government Affairs will work closely with the company's European leadership team, forming and executing strategy at both a local and international level.
The position is to be based in either London or Madrid.
- Act as the lead on European Governmental affairs both internally and externally
- Perform as key point of contact and face of company in all Government affair matters
- Coordinate with Country Managers and additional relevant stakeholders when executing local advocacy plans
- Utilize the development of strong professional relationships with key contacts within National Government, the European Commission, European Parliament, EU Member States and additional to execute advocacy plans
- Formulate advocacy plans including a broader European strategy that are also in line with Country plans, taking on responsibility for managing project progress
- Ensure company representation in relevant Trade Associations, performing as a pro-active and influential member of sum-committees and driving alignment to company goals and interests
- Support Corporate Development teams by providing strategic and tactical guidance on UK and EU geopolitical developments
- Provide assessments of risk and opportunities for the company in relation to information gathered
- Extensive experience in a comparable role
- Strong knowledge and experience in the Renewable Energy industry
- International mindset, with a strong cultural and political awareness and, importantly, interest
- Strong English business language skills; additional European languages are a major plus
- Min. degree educated, ideally in Legal, Business and/or Communication related disciplines; MBA or similar qualification a plus
- A strong network in the Solar Energy industry, along with an understanding and appreciation for its rules and regulations at a European level
- Willing to travel as required
- Strong managerial experience
- Ability to perform effectively in an independent and highly autonomous role