Head of O&M
Head of O&M
Job ID 7622
International offshore developer recruiting for Head of O&M.
The role will be responsible for developing the company assets O&M strategy for the different projects and early developments where we are involved, understanding the relevant regulation, legal and regional requirements.
The Head of O&M is responsible for defining and implementing the Operations and Maintenance Strategy for the business as a whole, finding synergies between projects and ensuring best practices are captured at corporate level. Reporting to the Technical Director it is expected to be the group’s lead on projects being co-developed with partners, with projects being developed in house or where investment opportunities are being assessed.
The candidate will work with staff seconded into projects to ensure all sites meet the company’s requirements and to continuously improve those projects and corporate activities to or above industry best practices
The role will build upon the company’s shareholders experience in operating a large fleet of onshore turbines acting as the focal point to look for potential synergies with onshore O&M.
- Accountability for analysis and definition of operation and maintenance scopes of work (including logistics, spare parts prices and consumptions, O&M ports and bases) and performance warranties and indicators (availability and performance, energy production KPIs, cost control metrics, efficiencies, etc.).
- Definition and estimation of headcounts and levels for project’s O&M organization and workload with the associated sourcing strategy in the different O&M strategies.
- Define best practices for the different work packages covering the full O&M scope for the wind farm in early contracting phases (spare stock levels, warehousing needs, marine coordination, technical assistance agreements, dispatch centers etc.) with a portfolio and project view
- In close collaboration with the procurement department, develops and ensures a solid relationship with key suppliers across the O&M supply chain.
- When commercially operational ensure that O&M Policies are in place and effective across the different projects and to meet the targets set relating to HQSEE, Production and Availability performance and O&M activities schedule, whilst optimizing the associated costs in order to optimize OPEX budgets.
- Implementation of lessons learnt through parent organizations who collectively own and operate one of the largest port folios of onshore wind, transmission and major infrastructure projects worldwide to ensure the company can capture their best practices.
- Provide ongoing and continuous technical support and liaise with other areas both at corporate level and at project level
- Responsible for compliance and regular follow up of budgets and programmes under its area of responsibility and advise and mitigate on potential deviations.
- Excellent technical knowledge of offshore wind O&M activities, strong level of enthusiasm, proactiveness, flexibility and be capable of identifying issues and establishing suitable solutions.
- Excellent communication skills including report writing and presentation and the ability to communicate technical issues effectively with clients, contractors and consultants.
- Uncompromising champion and practitioner of Health and Safety. Working closely with the group’s HSE professionals in different jurisdictions and in line with best practice and H&S Law.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Hands on approach, accountable, organised and able to prioritise.
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Significant operational experience, preferably within wind onshore or wind offshore industries. Asset management and integrity, communications, offshore works, marine structures, wind turbines.
- Experience of marine operations including maintenance facilities development, marine operations and asset management including infrastructure, cables, structures and rotating machinery.
- It is expected to have between 0-3 functional reports depending on the variable work load and the number of projects being managed at each time. You will be required to use your leadership skills including staff mentoring, development and empowering.
- Fluent in English. Ability to read, write and speak other languages will be a plus.
- Job location will be Madrid (Spain). Flexibility to travel is required up to 50% of the time.
apply for this now
0141 559 6160