Land Manager required to join the Scottish office of a leading multidisciplinary consultancy.
Reporting to the Land Director, the Land Manager will provide land and development related expertise for an array of major infrastructure proposals, largely within the renewable energy sector. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the renewable energy sector and will also bring sound knowledge of the planning system and DCO projects.
- Provide land and development input for a portfolio of clients engaged in the development of renewables and power transmission infrastructure (e.g. land agreements / land rights)
- Liaison and negotiation with landowners to secure land rights
- Undertake desk and site-based land searches and coordinate surveys as required
- Prepare land budgets and advise of all known land costs
- Attend meetings, public events and project hearings as required
- Degree in relevant subject is desirable (e.g. Rural Surveying, Land, Town Planning etc)
- Membership of RICS and RTPI is desirable but not essential
- Demonstrable land management experience in a property firm, developer or consultancy
- Experience liaising with landowners, local authorities and key stakeholders
- Good knowledge of UK energy market is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full UK driving licence