Lead Engineer- Auxiliary Systems
Leading renewable energy developer looking for a Lead Engineer - Auxiliary Systems to work across their international portfolio of wind projects
This is a full-time, staff position which can be based in London, Hamburg, or Kolding.
This person will be the subject matter expert for the substation auxiliary systems and components, actively engaging and providing technical leadership to compliment a wider Technical Engineering framework.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the area of onshore and offshore substation auxiliary systems to both HVAC and HVDC Product development teams.
- Deliver proactive engineering support across the complete asset project lifecycle.
- Ensure full life-cycle thinking is applied to their technical area of expertise - from safety by design through to operational, maintenance and sustainability considerations.
- Support and cultivate a commercial focus to engineering activities to deliver cost-optimized design for wind farm electrical systems. Ensure close cooperation with internal organisation as well as with external consultants and OEMs.
- Embed a culture of quality for internal deliverables through maintenance of a robust review and assurance process for project and asset activities, aligned to a wider Technical Engineering framework.
- Support the department Principal Engineer in the development of process and systems to establish and scale a strong Technical Engineering capability within Electrical Infrastructure & SCADA.
- Ensure cross-discipline collaboration on a Technical Engineering level to ensure an integrated and system-led approach is maintained for all engineering activities.
- Promote a collaborative and supportive relationship towards asset and project teams to ensure Engineering maintains its position as technical knowledge centre for the offshore business.
- Strong HSE culture, with a strong commitment to contribute to the development and delivery of inherently safer and more sustainable wind farm projects.
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
- Degree level educated in relevant engineering discipline.
- High degree of experience in offshore structure design/fabrication.
- Experience from early concept selection/FEED through to construction and installation/commissioning of offshore substations.
- Strong understanding of platform auxiliary systems and their integration into topside design.
- Experience in developing technologies from concept to commercial availability.
- Familiar with AC and HVDC substation systems an advantage.
- Good English language skills. Danish/German language skills an advantage.
- Flexible approach to travel and working offshore.