Opportunity for an experienced Naval Architect to join the Specialist Engineering Department of a global offshore renewable energy business specialising in foundation, offshore substation, submarine cable and offshore wind turbine installation services.
This is a full-time staff role (location flexible).
- Support wind energy projects in tender, engineering and offshore execution as part of the Specialist Engineering team.
- Multi body, workability and CFD analysis of marine operations.
- Mooring analysis (vessel to seabed), quayside mooring and vessel to vessel mooring.
- Project specific DP capability analysis and positioning footprints.
- Stability of crane vessels, transportation barges, other vessels and submerged structures.
- Longitudinal strength calculations.
- Loadout engineering, sailability limits, tug selection and towing engineering.
- Transportation analysis and mating impact analysis.
- Design input for grillage, seafastening and sailability limits.
- Preparation and class approval of loading manuals and onboard computer programs.
- Preparation of parts of vessel's operations manual.
- Supervision and checking of external engineering.
- Investigation of modification proposals.
- Preparations for operational upgrades.
- Engineering assistance for ship repair and dry-docking.
- Design, weight, loading and cost calculation for vessels and barges.
- Preparation of technical specifications for construction, conversion and / or modification of vessels and barges.
- Degree or relevant equivalent in Naval Architecture, Marine or Offshore Technology.
- Demonstrable experience working in the offshore wind sector or shipbuilding.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of relevant software (AQWA, Ansys Fluent/CFX, Shipshape, Matlab, GMoor, DPCap, MS Office).