Offshore Site Manager
An Offshore Site Manager is required to work for an Offshore Wind Farm developer based in Scotland on a long-term contract
- Based at the Marine Base the Offshore Construction Manager (OCM) will oversee the coordination of the works at the offshore construction sites
- Ensure that the facilities in the local harbour's are delivered under the highest levels of safety and on time.
- Reporting to the Head of Construction, the Offshore Construction Manager shall ensure that any support and services needed at the offshore sites and the Marine Base are provided in due time according to the high quality standards of the Project and in line with the approved plans and budget.
- Responsible for the management and coordination of the works and vessels at the offshore construction sites- this includes the offshore wind farm and the offshore export cable sites as well as the load-out harbours.
- Oversee all QHSE on site ensuring compliance of the Principal Contractor duties as per CDM 2015 regulations.
- Ensure Project Site Rules and Permit to Work Procedure requirements are established and adhered to by the personnel at the offshore and onshore sites.
- Support the preparation and deliver of operational procedures required for the safe management of the offshore and onshore construction sites.
- Working with the site representatives and project management team, resolve construction coordination issues at the Marine Base and offshore sites.
- Management of Employer Offshore Teams including hand over inspectors, client reps and interim O&M
- Ensure rota plans are up to date and mobilisation of resources and equipment is well planned.
- Management of the Offshore Substation Platforms Site Management Team. Ensure works at the OSPs are safe, properly coordinated and delivered on time, quality and budget.
- Responsible for the Marine Coordination of the offshore construction sites. Ensure all personnel getting access to the offshore sites are competent and fully trained to fulfill their task.
- Responsible for the works permitting for the construction sites under the Project responsibility. Issue permits to works after reviewing and accepting construction documentation such as risk assessments and method statements.
- Management of the Site Team. This will include the Marine Coordination Team and Office Administrator.
- Coordinate with the client and HSE representatives at the Marine Base to ensure there is adequate monitoring of and support to the works being performed at the Marine Base and on the offshore site and onshore load-out harbours.
- Responsible for the coordination of activities and management of the facilities at the Marine Base. This will include coordination of crew transfers using CTVs, guard vessels, refuelling, port cabins, davit crane, storage, utilities.
- Ensure crew transfers are properly scheduled having all vessels, equipment, and vessel crew.
- Ensure Client CTVs are available for the day by day activities planned.
- Coordinate Guard Vessels and respond to their site management related requests.
- Liaise with Port authorities and other local stakeholders for site management purposes.
- Liaise with the Interfaces and Construction Services Manager for the procurement of equipment and services required at the offshore construction sites and the Marine Base.
- Carry out site inductions and conduct toolbox talk on various topics when needed.
- Attend to vessel assurance audits when necessary together with the HSE representatives and/or the Marine Warranty Surveyor.
- Manage the inspections of finished works and sign off for client inspection.
- Monitor daily progress reports produced by the project's site and vessel representatives. Produce daily progress reports of specific activities when needed.
- Chair daily project progress calls attended by site representatives and the wider project team.
- Attend other regular site and contract progress meetings throughout the offshore construction phase as required.
- Any other tasks not specifically described here but needed for the due delivery of the management of the offshore and onshore construction sites. Offshore site attendance might be requested.
- Issue daily, weekly and monthly progress reports as instructed
- Co-ordinate construction activities with the Commissioning Manager to avoid SIMPOS and ensure early power generation
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in a comparable role is required.
- Experience in the management of offshore construction sites and harbour's.
- Experience in the development and implementation of site rules and permitting processes is desired.
- Previous knowledge/experience of offshore wind farm construction is a must.