OSS Package Manager (Taiwan)
OSS Package Manager (Taiwan)
Job ID 7342
Hai Long Offshore Wind, a joint venture between Northland Power, Yushan Energy and Mitsui, has retained Taylor Hopkinson on an exclusive basis to search for and select several critical team members to be based in Taipei, including an Offshore Substation Package Manager. The Offshore Substation Package Manager will be responsible for Managing the maturation and development of the overall OSS package, management of the technical part of the Offshore Substation (OSS) procurement, supply and delivery within the OSS package.
Joining the project in this formative stage of the team, and the entire industry in Taiwan, offers the right individual the opportunity to shape the future of Taiwanese offshore wind. Using initiative, experience and team work to establish and drive the project will be essential as you operate in an autonomous and self-sufficient business unit tasked with the delivery of a + $4 billion asset.
Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence will be needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders. Success will require an ability to solve complex technical and commercial problems with a high level of commercial acumen in this exciting emerging market that has ambitions to be the hub for offshore wind the APAC region.
- Supporting planning & consent of the project and coordinate interfaces/deliverables with other packages.
- Implementing deliverables, manage project-specific design processes and execute strategies for execution.
- Ensuring installed and commissioned asset delivered by the OSS supplier is ready for handover.
- Operating on time, within scope and budget and of contract-specified quality and HSE requirements.
- Introducing, enforce and maintain high safety awareness culture.
- Enhancing HSE in planning & execution of scope and manage HSE risks
- within the scope.
- Encouraging and drive knowledge sharing with other projects through relevant Lessons Learnt.
- Ensuring transparent decision making, adequate documentation of works and smooth transition to O&M.
- Proactively support consenting and other processes with authorities.
- Overall accountable for the full package deliverables including scope, budget, time, quality, risk, interface, Human Resources, stakeholder management and communication.
- Ensuring Employers Requirements related to delivery of the technical part in the Contract is in compliance with relevant standards, best practices used and capture Lessons Learnt.
- Driving risk management & integrated Change Management within the OSS package.
- Managing scope, time and budget for activities in the full supply chain of the OSS package (e.g. FAI, FAT, SAT, QC, daily monitoring, etc.) and ensure performance of the OSS supplier.
- Preparing & execution of QA/QC Plan and Quality activity schedule, in cooperation with QA/QC Manager.
- Ensuring non-conformities created by the OSS contractor and by/in HL for the OSS get closed out.
- Supporting QA/QC inspections during manufacturing (and pre-assembly, if applicable).
- Managing supply of documentation according to the contract.
- Manage OSS package time, cost, quality and request resources within defined budget and time schedule.
- Decide team's planning of engineering and other activities within the defined budget and time schedule.
- Recommend contract strategy for the package and recommend best tenders, contracts & variation orders.
- Recommend OSS package changes while considering other packages.
- Delegate specific areas of responsibility and request actions & reporting from team.
- MSc, BSc or other relevant Master’s degree
- Competence equivalent to IPMA level A/B and/or PMI PMP
- Demonstrable relevant project experience in a matrix organisation within offshore wind, oil & gas industry, and/or large construction
- Strong negotiation, communication and leadership skills and commercial understanding and awareness
- Team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge
- Culturally aware with a high level of emotional intelligence to work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
- Driven by an adventurous spirit and the opportunity to be at the forefront of an emerging market
- Proven ability to manage ambiguity and shape processes and systems
- Flexibility to meet the demands of the project
- Able to travel locally and internationally to meet with internal and external stakeholders as required
Applicants must be prepared to relocate to Taiwan until at least summer 2022 when the final investment decision will be taken. Preference will be given to those applicants who can also commit to remaining with the project through delivery to 2024.
Taylor Hopkinson have supported professionals to relocate to Taiwan since 2017 and we can advise on the logistics and practicalities of this transition (taxes, housing, schooling, lifestyle, etc.). All applications are held in strictest confidence.
All direct and third-party applications to the client will be forwarded to Taylor Hopkinson for processing.
Closing date for applications is the 29th of August 2019.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160