Offshore Substation Package Manager
Offshore Substation Package Manager required for a leading Offshore Windfarm Developer, based in Germany or Sweden.
- Responsible for time schedule, budget control and interdisciplinary coordination of the offshore substation project team / package.
- Contribute to the identification and management of technical risks, issues and impacts of the project.
- Provide input into the rest of project packages during design phase and define the working interfaces with them.
- Undertake tender document preparation, bid reviews and evaluations and contract negotiation.
- Support the Contract manager in the preparation of variation orders and claims.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reporting.
- Health, Safety & Environment -
- Ensuring offshore works procedures are being carried out in accordance with the Employers Requirements, best industry practice.
- Reporting and investigation of all near misses and incidents.
- Coordination - Day to day coordination and communication with the Principal Contractor and Site Management teams, the Marine Warranty Surveyor, the Employers Inspectors and Engineers and the Contractor's Offshore Installation Representatives.
- Installation Management - Confirming method statements, risk assessments, lift plans, safety procedures, permits to work and related documents for all loading, transportation and offshore work are in place and accepted by the PC Team.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Engineering background in relevant fields.
- More than >10 years of experience in the relevant fields of the offshore wind industry.
- Significant and in-depth experience in Project Management of offshore platform fabrication, installation, and commissioning.
- Strong level of competency in contract management, claims management, negotiation techniques and dispute resolution methodologies.
- Highly motivated individual with a pro-active attitude ensuring adequate interfaces, controls and communication is established and maintained in all aspects of project management.
- Demonstrable competency in leading and/or working within multi-cultural teams with a high level of communication skills.
- Ability to identify a problem or conflict, identify potential solutions and analyse the solutions leading to a recommendation for the optimum solution.
- Excellent knowledge of current European health, safety, and environmental legislation.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal (English).
- Good IT skills, familiarity with all major software packages e.g., Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and document management systems.
- Flexible to travel around Germany/Denmark and overseas.