Offshore Wind,Onshore Wind,Solar
Republic of Ireland
A leading renewable energy developer and operator is seeking a Procurement Manager to join their team. As Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Procurement. You will be part of a team that manages the process of appointment of construction contractors and suppliers across the business. While this position will be based in Dublin there will be some international travel. During the preconstruction phase for wind, solar and hybrid projects, the Procurement Manager will be responsible for the following things.
- Identifying and providing procurement support and services to Head of Procurement.
- Development of procurement strategy for projects.
- Assist with development of procurement cost database.
- Innovation of procurement techniques to enable more completive costings.
- Preparation of Request for Proposals to facilitate LCOE and other bid proposals.
- Coordination with the various internal teams for preparation of the technical Employer's Requirements for each construction project ensuring scope, codes and standards, local requirements are captured for each project.
- Provide bid support as required by local teams.
- Contract preparation and negotiation.
- Lead TSA Agreement negotiations and execution of TSA Suppliers.
- Lead Solar PV EPC Agreement negotiations and execution with Solar PV EPC Contractors.
- Lead BOP Agreement negotiations and execution with BOP Contractors.
- Lead MPT Agreement negotiations and execution with MPT suppliers.
- Provision of procurement support during the due diligence and financial close process.
- Contractor prequalification, tendering, negotiation and administration.
- Assist the project managers with schedule estimating, schedule preparation, reporting and control.
- Liaise and cooperate with external parties in relation to procurement activities - banks, independent engineers, contractors, government bodies, system operators etc.
- Significant autonomy in work, but a strong report and approval process using the company's procedures and process.
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams - SHEQ, Development, Commercial, Energy Analysis, Engineering, Construction Management, Operations and Finance.
- Participate in company knowledge sharing groups which focus on sharing of expertise globally.
- Management of revision and quality of procurement documents (drawings, specification, standard, etc.) and integrating lessons learned into Employer's Requirements with Engineering team.
- Updating and maintenance of procurement operating procedures and reports.
- Technology tracking.
- Degree in Engineering (electrical or civil), Energy, Business or Environment.
- Extensive experience in wind/solar farm engineering and detailed design of wind/solar projects.
- Strong contract management ability and understanding of contracting methodologies.
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels.
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources.
- Ability to use Microsoft software as well as specialist software packages such as GIS, AutoCAD, MS Project and SharePoint.
- Fluency in English; fluency in other languages considered an advantage.