Project Controls Manager
Job ID 19850
Taylor Hopkinson is searching for a Project Services Manager experienced in offshore wind lease development to develop, optimize and implement processes for every stage of the project.
It is Full-Time staff opportunity based in the US. (Flexible between Boston, NY & Houston, TX)
- Implement and if applicable, optimize, and ensure compliance with this structure across the project workstreams, including schedule, estimate, and budget.
- Use internal and external processes and tools to assure project costs, schedule and controls based on parent experience and industry references, including coordinating, and supporting integrated assurance reviews, integrated technical reviews and general exchange of information and good practices with peers at parent companies.
- Interface with Project Teams and Permitting Teams to manage cost estimation, planning and schedule control, risk management, information management, staff planning and control, budgeting, cost control, and reporting. Manage interfaces with the Financial & Accounting Team as well as the Procurement & Commercial Team.
- Manage development of the integrated Master Schedule as well as management/performance levels, project schedules, and the related assumptions book, performing logic network planning as well as progress measurement and assessment.
- Identify schedule deviations and associated risks and potential mitigation together with Package Leads, and alert Project Director of major deviations; similarly, identify and characterize needs for decisions related to schedule and seek Project Director and Management Team approval as needed.
- Manage cost control procedures, overseeing the Cost Control Engineer's work and deliverables, and collaborating with Finance and Commercial & Procurement to ensure accurate progress tracking, invoicing and cost reporting.
- Support Project Director in developing and managing budget forecasts, including preparing budgets, coordinating review with the project Leads and securing the required approvals.
- Define and implement Cost Control processes to support project management and delivery within budget, including recording, tracking and reporting of costs vs. measurement of progress.
- Support value and opportunity realization by providing the required datapoints and tools to support decision making to retain justified value and flexibility throughout development, delivery, and execution phases of a project.
- Identify major risks and opportunities and associated mitigations and alert Management Team, including proposing course of action.
- Bachelor's degree in with a major in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field is required.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Science, Architecture, or Construction Science is strongly preferred.
- Experience leading high-performing multidisciplinary teams that interface frequently with executive management with project engineering / management or Contract Management within the Wind and/or Offshore Industry.
- Expert knowledge of cost control philosophy and methodologies, estimating, planning, risk management, change management, information management, and document controls procedures required.
- Deep experience with budgets, scheduling and RFP processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple subcontractor relationships simultaneously.