Safety Specialist – Solar
Opportunity for an experienced construction/project management safety professional to join one of the leading renewable energy companies in North America.
The Solar Safety Specialist will work with Project Management to ensure sites meet safety standards and requirements, representing the project owner during the execution phase.
This is a contract role whereby you will work night shifts based at site. The contract lasts an initial 9 weeks, and per diem is available for non-locals to project.
- Set the standard for safety to ensure the project team sees this as imperative to project completion and success
- Ensure all contractors are compliant with OSHA regulation, additional state/federal regulations, and company safety T&Cs
- Ensure new contractors are orientated to company expectations for safety and related responsibilities
- Provide expert knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local regulations and safety codes
- Advise management regarding the impact to the project of safety standards and measures
- Perform regular safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance
- Make timely notification to project staff of any contractor incidents
- Identify continuous improvements opportunities at every possibility
- A Bachelor's degree in safety or a closely related field, with a minimum of 3+ years' of large project experience in a construction safety environment
- A CHST designation and 3+ years' construction safety experience as lead professional
- Experience serving in the role of an owner's safety representative preferred
- Experience in a Utility/Industrial/Power generation environment
- Current OSHA 500 training course designation and 4+ years of experience as lead safety professional