Senior Authorised Person – Solar PV
Senior Authorised Person – Solar PV
Job ID 7607
Senior Authorised Person required to join the O&M division of an award winning investment and asset management business in the Solar PV industry.
The SAP Engineer will attend customers' sites, maintaining various solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on a day-to-day basis. These PV systems are mainly ground mounted. The SAP Engineer will be carrying out High-Voltage (HV) and Low-Voltage (LV) maintenance across the portfolio including utilising and testing of solar PV instruments. Health and Safety also plays a significant part in this role with responsibilities including:
- Following company and site-specific method statements and risk assessments;
- Ensuring tasks are performed in accordance with industry best practice (including Safety);
- Following company and owner procedures, plans, and guidelines as well as all pertinent legislation and regulations/standards.
These will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for routine maintenance, testing, and remedial work on deployed solar PV systems;
- Responsible for complying with BOL procedures;
- Installation of any new Solar PV systems in the current pipeline;
- Responsible for performing HV and LV Preventative Maintenance accordingly with the annual Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM);
- Responsible for HV operation, including but not limited to switching and repair works as occur and as guided by the appointed Authorised Engineer;
- Issuing Permit to Work and Sanction to Test where appropriate;
- Responsible for performing Corrective Maintenance as required;
- Reporting of activities performed on site, on a daily basis, through the CMMS or manual reports as applicable;
- Own risk assessment, analysis and operational limitations. Report all near misses to line manager;
- Responsible for supervision and coordination of third-party contractors carrying out works on site;
- Coordinate third party contractors in order to comply with Health & Safety (H&S) Regulations;
- Keeping accurate and detailed records of electrical testing, that are suitable for audit;
- Fault finding for any system that is not performing correctly;
- Providing support to the Field Service Engineers in fault finding for any system that is not performing correctly;
- Alert the line manager of any issues;
- Comply with all required fire, health and safety requirements for the environment in which you are working, including making yourself aware of the current applicable policies and risk assessments and acting accordingly, and attending any required training. In particular to adhere to bio security, health and safety and confined spaces protocols;
- Any other reasonable task as requested by a Manager, Partner or Director of the business.
As a member of a small team you will be required to participate in all aspects of the business, which may include from time to time appropriate tasks outside of the primary duties and responsibilities set out in this offer, including but not limited to company procedures, Health and Safety procedures, training members of staff amongst others. You may be required to travel overseas on occasion and this may be required for training purposes; this may involve overnight stays in suitable hotel accommodation.
- Collaborative – Demonstrate effective team work and close collaboration across functions and geographical locations, to facilitate knowledge sharing and continued learning and development for the benefit of everyone
- Diligent – Excellent time keeping, punctuality and consistent attendance at work as well as meeting deadlines, persevering with challenging tasks, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail and consistently delivering work to the highest standard
- Trustworthy – To act ethically and with integrity in all working practices and behave with honesty and decency at all times. Be trusted with the functions of your job and be able to take sole responsibility for a task or work alone as required
- Flexible Working attitude – Respond to changing requirements which may affect the working day, and to deal appropriately with varying customer needs
- Well Organised – Capable of planning effectively and then dealing with a number of different tasks at a time whilst still maintaining priority on the needs of the business and our customers
- Positive attitude – Deal with challenging situations in a positive manner; have the ability to remain calm and maintain a balanced viewpoint when dealing with complex or difficult matters and demonstrating a high degree of resilience in the workplace
- Communicative – Able to communicate at all levels across the staff and management and to interact professionally with all colleagues and our customers
- Ambitious – Enthusiastic about the business and to want to have a continuously rewarding career with the Company, to work on new challenges with enthusiasm, demonstrate initiative, stretch capabilities and seek opportunities for personal development
- Customer Focused – understand that the needs of the customer take priority and strive for excellence in customer satisfaction at all times
- High degree of motivation and drive.
apply for this now
+44 1689 669 380