Senior Cable Engineer – Offshore
Senior Cable Engineer required for a major Offshore Wind Farm in the UK for a 6 month contract. This role will be reporting into the Lead Cable Engineer and will be based out of the Client's office in London.
- The Senior Cable Engineer will be focusing on the delivery of large-scale offshore wind projects in the UK, Europe and overseas.
- Part of the EPC services team and reporting into the lead engineer, this role will be responsible for implementing robust and cost-effective engineering strategies
- Be involved in tendering, negotiating and managing offshore supply, installation and maintenance contracts
- Planning and implementing delivery sites and logistics as well as complying with company and business engineering standards and technical acceptance criteria
- Ensuring quality, best practices and excellent H&SE performance are applied.
- The individual will be working as part of a global business with activities in many countries across Europe and the rest of the world.
- The position may require frequent travel to various locations in the UK and overseas and the individual should be capable of managing teams working at different project locations
- Responsible for providing key engineering advice, assessment and recommendations to ensure delivery of a multi contract package within time and to budget
- Ensuring quality is following industry best practice and observing the maximum respect for Health, Safety and the Environment to ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
- Provide professional advice on engineering strategies / risk levels and commercial agreements to the key package
- Ensure that cost effective technical solutions are identified, fully evaluated and the risk profile is fully understood by the project.
- Ensure that all assessment, advice and recommendations are fully documented in accordance with all internal procedures and industry best practice
- Ensuring sufficient technical and commercial due diligence (whether internal or external) exists to support business decisions.
- Deliver consistent, high quality, cost effective engineering advice to the key packages and projects.
- Manage the certification process with independent verification bodies (where applicable) to reduce design risk and enhance asset value.
- Ensure that health and safety and environmental requirements are fully considered and adhered to in design to ensure compliance with legislation and industry best practice
- Manage the inspection and commissioning of appropriate aspects of offshore plant to ensure that assets are supplied and installed to the required quality and engineering standards
- Responsible for maintaining strong internal and external relationships in order to deliver clear key advise, successful package delivery and collaborate with partners to share knowledge and best practice
- Maintain full awareness of the latest technical and commercial developments and identify suitable new technology that has the potential to reduce cost and risk, or improve safety
- Implement offshore standards, procedures, tools, best practices and quality requirements for key work packages to ensure that packages are delivered according to specification, budget and programme without compromising safety.