Senior Development Engineer
Senior Development Engineer required for a leading Offshore Windfarm Developer, based in either Reading, Glasgow, or Perth.
- Manage the Transmission and Electrical Engineering elements within the project team.
- Includes offshore substation, onshore substation, export cable and connection to grid.
- Leading a team of technical engineers ensuring tasks are clearly and suitably assigned with duration's and timelines agreed to meet project timelines.
- Delivering optimised electrical scheme designs and specifications and providing technical support to grid connection applications.
- Manage all internal resources and consultants necessary to achieve the project schedule and provide Technical Assurance to all electrical scheme design activities.
- Optimisation of the electrical scheme design with respect to Health and Safety and through lifecycle cost including construction, operation and maintenance activities.
- Manage system studies, as and when required to support the development of ESI package performance requirements.
- Define scopes of work and specifications for electrical scheme design, for external contractors and consultants, including concept assessments and FEED studies.
- Management of the necessary contractors, consultants and suppliers to deliver the ESI Package design development works including Preliminary Engineering Studies, Concept Design Studies, FEED design engineering works, surveys, resource measurement campaigns and other investigations to develop the knowledge and data required to progress the design development.
- Undertaking a technical risk assessment and ensuring suitable mitigations are in place and managed.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Grid Connection Manager, in delivering the onshore and offshore grid connection for the wind farm.
- Liaising and negotiations with National Grid Electricity Transmission; all preliminary and conceptual project designs, such that consented designs are feasible.
- Coordinate with the Technical Analyst and others, to ensure that substations and cables are optimised for energy yield and through lifecycle costs.
- Liaise with other Development, Consenting and Engineering teams to ensure that all surveys necessary to support the electrical scheme design have the necessary permits and licences in place.
- Responsible for providing technical input to the Engineering Manager, Package Managers and Supply Chain Managers to support the development and implementation of the Supply Chain Strategy.
- Support the development of the Scope of Work Matrix for the ESI Package to ensure that adequate definition is provided and that all interfaces with other packages are captured and coordinated.
- Maintain the relevant aspects of the Engineering Governance documents including but not limited to; the Basis of Design, HAZID and Design requirements.
- Development of the Works Information and Employers Requirements to in support of the Tendering of the ESIP scopes of supply.
- Support supplier engagements, tendering and contracting with suppliers.
- Responsible for providing input to the Package Manager, Engineering Manager and CfD Bid Manager to support the development and implementation of the CfD Bid Strategy.
- Candidates with Electrical Networks Experience and experience of BS7671 (wiring regulations).
- 3- 5 years' (minimum) experience in electrical energy networks or generation engineering.
- Experience in LV/MV system design and equipment specification.
- Experience / knowledge of one of the following - AMTECH, DlgSILENT, CDEGS or ERACs is desirable.
- A post-graduate qualification in electrical engineering and having Chartered or Incorporated Engineer professional registration are both highly desirable.
- Energy conversion technologies such as Solar, BESS, or power networks also highly desirable.