Senior PV Engineer
Opportunity for an exceptional Senior PV Engineer to join one of the world's leading renewable energy developers.
The Sr. PV Engineer will be based in either London or Madrid, and will join a Central Engineering team, taking on responsibility as a technical expert supporting both the new and existing pipeline and portfolio of utility-scale PV projects.
- Perform as a key technical support and point of contact throughout the life cycle of utility-scale PV solar projects and opportunities
- Technically support the Project Development and Acquisition processes, including third-party reports and design proposal reviews
- Support the preparation of basic PV plant design, PV array sizing and optimisation process
- Maintain and optimise technical specifications of PV plants for all equipment and works involved in construction
- Provide contractual support with EPC regarding technical areas, including engineering, equipment specifications, performance/testing schedules
- Provide technical support and detailed analysis to Project Managers during construction, Works Completion and PAC and FAC
- Support the development of tools and procedures for ensuring quality, consistency and optimised design cost
- Manage and coordinate external consultants to complete internal assessments
- Undertake regular site visits on an international basis, to ensure the technical quality of the PV project at various stages of the project
- Provide technical support to the AM and O&M activities of the projects, with performance focus, fault analysis and troubleshooting
- Degree in Engineering or Physics
- Preference for Master's in Renewable Energy or similar discipline
- Min 7 years' experience in PV solar industry
- Fluent level English language skills; both spoken and written
- Additional languages a plus
- Able to manage workload effectively and prioritise tasks
- Autonomous professional capable of working as a key team member
- Full familiarity with PV industry and PV systems, including working knowledge of modules, inverters, technologies, transformers etc.
- Good knowledge and professional relationship with key industry players, including TAs, investors, EPCs etc.
- Experience on utility-scale PV projects, throughout the life cycle
- Knowledge of related contracts, including EPC and O&M
- Familiarity with PV Grid Connection applications, offers, agreements and PPAs