Job ID 22646
Site Manager required for a major Offshore Wind Farm Developer based in Greece.
- Be available in Europe prior to the commencement of fabrication for onboarding/project familiarisation including the Employer's Requirements.
- Be the focal point for the Contractor on site.
- Manage and coordinate the local interfaces between the Fabricator [Contractor], Foundation Designer/Lead Structural Engineer, Quality Assurance/Control (Local interfaces in regards to QA/QC are managed by QM), Employer's other Contractors Contractor's Transport & Installation to ensure a safe and high quality fabrication, and delivery of foundation structures in accordance with the Employer's Requirements.
- Support the Management of Contract processes in alignment with the Package Management and Quality Team e.g. Payment Applications/Certificates i.e. milestone completion proof/confirmation.
- Support the Quality Team setting up the local Site QA Team.
- Monitor and record progress on the fabrication site(s) and challenge the Fabricator as required to ensure that work is delivered on time and evaluate mitigation for any potential delays or quality concerns.
- Ensure that the Fabricator and onsite Team work safely and to good industry practice in accordance with legislation and RWE's requirements.
- Support the valuation of Variation Orders, Concession Requests and Claims.
- Hold and chair weekly progress meetings with the Contractor's site management representatives with the support of the Quality Team.
- Provide input for the Project's monthly report e.g. progress, programme and risks.
- Work closely with the Quality Fabrication Manager and agree priorities.
- Provide daily progress reports (DPRs) to the FPM and DFPM and attend regular (as required but potentially weekly or twice weekly) internal briefing meetings with FPM & DFPM.
- Produce the weekly and monthly reports summarising HSSE, progress, risks, along with any serial quality, resource or other concerns.
- Support the Quality Team witnessing critical hold points, Load Outs and Factory Acceptance Tests e.g. dimensional control and fit out tests.
- Support the evaluation and management of risks associated with the foundation fabrication package.
- Support the Quality Team to ensure that non conformities are closed out prior to load out.
- Be the focal point for the Project's visitors e.g. co-ordination of inductions, PPE and guide.
- Proven experience in driving the serial fabrication of offshore structures (ideally WTG secondary steel elements and electrical fit-out for TP-less monopile foundations).
- Ideally experience with fabrication of boat landings and internal cassettes for TP-less monopile foundations.
- Cultural awareness and experience working with European fabricators.
- HSE trained and qualified to IOSH or SMSTS standards.
- 10 plus years relevant industry experience.
- Experienced Professional in offshore steel fabrication and manager of engineering teams.
- Familiar with coating, Hot dip galvanising, welding NDT and dimensional control techniques/codes/standards and electrical outfitting applicable to offshore fabrication.
- Excellent logical thinker, communicator, organiser and team player.
- Demonstrable experience of working remotely and developing good relationships in an international business.
- Willing to travel within Europe as required.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Working knowledge of Greek would be useful also.