Job ID 19916
Fabrication Site Manager required for a major Offshore Wind Farm Developer based in Poland.
- Be the focal point for the Contractor on site.
- Manage and coordinate the local interfaces between the Fabricator(s) Contractor, Foundation Designer / Lead Structural Engineer, Quality Assurance / Control (Local interfaces in regards to QA/QC are managed by QM), Employer's other Contractors and Transport & Installation to ensure a safe and high quality fabrication, and delivery of foundation structures in accordance with the Employer's Requirements.
- Support the Management of Contract processes in alignment with the Quality Team e.g. Payment Applications / Certificates i.e. milestone completion proof / confirmation.
- Support the Quality Team setting up the local Site Team.
- Challenge the Fabricator as required to ensure that work is delivered on time and evaluate mitigation for any potential delays or quality concerns.
- Ensure that the Fabricator and onsite Team work safely and to good industry practice in accordance with legislation and clients requirements.
- Support the valuation of Variation Orders, Concession Requests and Claims.
- Hold and chair weekly progress meetings with the Contractor's site management representatives with the support of the Quality Team.
- Provide input for the Project's monthly report e.g. progress, programme and risks.
- Work closely with the Quality Fabrication Manager and agree priorities.
- Produce the weekly and monthly reports summarising HSSE, progress, risks, along with any serial quality and resource concerns.
- Support the Quality Team witnessing critical hold points, Load Outs and Factory Acceptance Tests e.g. dimensional control and fit out tests.
- Support the evaluation and management of risks associated with the foundation fabrication package.
- Support the Quality Team to ensure that non conformities are closed out prior to load out.
- Be the focal point for the Project's visitors e.g. co-ordination of inductions, PPE and guide.
- Proven experience in driving the serial fabrication of offshore structures (Ideally WTG monopile foundations).
- HSE trained and qualified to IOSH or SMSTS standards.
- 10 plus years relevant industry experience.
- Experienced Professional in offshore steel fabrication and manager of engineering teams.
- Familiar with coating, welding NDT and dimensional control techniques / codes / standards applicable to offshore fabrication.
- Excellent logical thinker, communicator, organiser and team player.
- Demonstrable experience of working remotely and developing good relationships in an international business.
- Willing to travel within Europe and internationally as required.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.