Technical Lead (Cables)
Job ID 19717
We have an exciting opportunity for someone experienced in offshore wind engineering and to be responsible for the inter-array cables and export cables from FEED to operations.
The successful candidate will lead the technical cable interfaces and be the subject matter expert on offshore wind project cable system, supporting and mentoring for other electrical engineers. It is a Full-Time staff role based in the US.
- Collaborate with the package manager or package lead, project engineer and engineering manager, coordinates work deliverables and priorities for the engineer within the project team.
- Lead the technical interfaces with other technical, development, commercial teams to ensure communication of required inputs/outputs and engineering assurance for the JV, including presenting to shareholder assurance teams, clients and third-party reviewers on project progress and ahead of decision gates.
- Electrical engineering work for inter-array and export cables from detailed design up to the installation and commissioning of the cable systems of the project.
- Provide design guidance and technical verification of the cable electrical packages design, including definition of employer's requirements and technical specifications, guidance inputs for the design, fabrication, transportation, installation, and commissioning phases.
- Keeps safety as first and foremost priority on projects design, contracting, execution and ensure that the team's requirements and specifications meet industry standards while being forward thinking and innovative.
- Ensure that quality processes are controlled and respected for the cable packages.
- Coordinate technical support for projects services, including scheduling, risk management, costs estimates and the development team in all phases of projects, to ensure that they develop competitive and optimal projects, including during the BOEM process and other federal, state, and municipal permits and stakeholders' engagement.
- Technical support to the commercial team with external vendors, including support the tendering and execution of RFI, RFP and preparation of proposals. Assist and support the procurement team in the technical aspects of negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts, technical documents or technical and financial proposals.
- Participate in conferences/seminars to stay on the cutting edge of technology and to develop and maintain relationships with potential service providers who can support the team.
- Bachelor's in electrical engineering or related field required and knowledge of offshore wind energy production, demonstrated experience in offshore engineering and submarine cable design and installation.
- Good analytical skills, Team leadership, Creative and innovative
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel.
- A high degree of organizational skills and ability to build knowledge and plans through investigation and outreach.
- Ability to travel for 3-5 days at a time to coordinate with technical teams, perform site visits, attend conferences, or meet with partners as needed. Comfortable boarding vessels to visit offshore projects.