WTG Commissioning Engineer
Job ID 8022
- Part of a team responsible for the safe and efficient, commissioning and energisation of the windfarm electrical network and WTG's
- Responsibility for WTG pre-assembly commissioning works, WTG offshore commissioning works and WTG energisation.
- Liaising with the WTG control room during commissioning, energisation and testing
- Tracking and reporting of completed WTG commissioning works and overall status
- Tracking and verification of commissioning activities for the WTGs
- Final checking of WTG SCADA demonstration tests for switchgear/HV interfaces
- Coordination and witnessing of WTG SCADA testing
- Coordination and witnessing of WTG grid compliance tests
- Interface and knowledge transfer with Operations
- Significant previous WTG commissioning experience.
- Significant previous experience of high voltage electrical installation including switchgear and transformers.
- Significant previous experience in project site construction for Offshore projects.
- Detailed understanding of HV safety rules and implementation of safe system of work.
- Knowledge and experience of working with MHI Vestas V164 wind turbines is desirable
- Knowledge of safety legislation and regulations.
- Awareness of CDM Regulations with a good understanding of the Client and Principal Contractor duties supported by practical experience.
- Working knowledge of construction standards, codes of practice and regulations/legislation relating to the construction of an Offshore Substation.
- Knowledge of specification, design, maintenance, construction and commissioning of steel construction works.
- Proficient knowledge of Office suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to travel for extended periods and at short notice
- GWO Full Basic Safety Training Certificate
- Current Offshore Medical certificate
- HUET or FOET certificate for helicopter transfer