WTG Package Manager
Opportunity for a WTG Package Manager working on a major offshore wind farm project based in Edinburgh.
The position is responsible for the analysis of WTG opportunities for large-scale Wind Energy projects, the negotiation of development and multi-contracting strategy with contractors as well as the management of the development, construction and commissioning phases
- Accountability for delivery of WTG contract packages for the Moray West Project, including all technical aspects through development, contracting and execution.
- Accountable for delivery of WTG construction and intermediate ports and of providing support in other packages, port engineering and negotiation.
- Ensuring that Moray West project is appropriately engaged with key external stakeholders such as the supply chain and regulatory bodies associated with the areas of responsibility.
- Evaluate project decisions with regard to WTG technology from the point of view of manufacturing, transport, installation, commissioning, power production and power curve as well as O&M.
- Evaluate project decisions with regard to viability and bankability.
- Understand and work with Financial Models. Provide necessary performance data for inputs into financial models as required.
- Management of multi contracting strategy as well as EPC contracts, claims, open issues and general relationship Management, technical communication.
- Undertake technical bid reviews and tender evaluations supporting procurement along the process.
- Organise and lead negotiations with WTG suppliers during tender phase and negotiations, coordinating commercial and technical aspects. Overall coordinator during contract negotiation phase.
- Responsible for project budget and any change or variation during development and construction stages.
- Play a proactive role in problems prevention during the Project life cycle by highlighting areas of concern, and promptly driving other departments in mitigating potential issues.
- Capability to detect, analyse, evaluate and mitigate risks. Identify Business / Unit / multi-projects risks and opportunities.
- Functions involved and drive the internal organization to meet the targets.
- Ability to understand the contractual and commercial impact of a (technical) decision.
- Management of international as well as local contractors and/or consultants.
- Operating within an international environment with many complex internal and external interfaces.
- Manage the entire project scope of work from the tendering phase to the O&M handover.
- Produce and/or review master project schedule, based on Multi contracting strategy, and capable of managing the different interfaces between contractors. Anticipate on-time delivery issues (documents, measure project progress and anticipate actions).
- Resource allocation on the WTG package in terms of staff and budget. Manage cross-functional and global Teams.
- Support the team to ensure that a quality system according the project requirements is implemented in the WTG Package.
- Understand offshore wind development drivers for project design.
- Understands the interfaces between turbine-foundation-Inter Array Cable-SCADA-OFTO.
- Supporting O&M Work Package in regards of all operation and maintenance activities for the WTG.
- Promote good HSSE practices and ensure HSE / CDM requirements are fully implemented.
- Participate in certification and other regulatory processes in accordance to local requirements and international standards.
- Maintain an effective and systematic planning and control of project offshore works (in what concerns cost, deadline, quality and safety); Ensuring control of the budget, deadlines and quality aspect, as well as assessment of contractors/subcontractors involved in the project; Produce monthly project reports outlining progress, budget and safety statistics; Produce other reports as necessary during the course of the project.
- Long standing track record in Renewable Project Management with excellent knowledge of the Renewables Offshore market specifically on WTG suppliers.
- Significant relevant work experience within a large Renewable contractors or an advisory company within the Renewables Industry focused on the WTG.
- Demonstrable experience in offshore WTG construction projects, dealing with all WTG construction stages: project design, project execution, project close and handover to O&M.
- Experience of turbine supply agreements, electrical packages and OFTO divestment an advantage.
- Desirable experience in Offshore WTG O&M.
- People management experience and also being a solid team player with the ability to share knowledge. Experience in managing high skilled teams.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation (including the CDM regulations) and best practice is essential.
- Knowledge of technical standards and industry practice across the different disciplines associated with the packages.
- Specific knowledge of offshore installation is required.
- Knowledge of project management processes and systems associated with the delivery of complex, multi-package construction projects is desirable.
- A strong understanding of the interfaces and independencies between the project's work packages is required.
- Technical knowledge Offshore Wind Turbine technology (direct or geared), as well as the different components which play a key part of the WTG (blade, converter, transformer, switchgear, etc.). Onshore Wind Turbine technology knowledge would be considered as well.
- Cost awareness, business focused and safety oriented.
- Strong financial knowledge.
- Contractual Terms and Conditions knowledge.